Births and Deaths Registration Act
According to Bangladesh Births and Deaths Registration Act of 2004, birth of any Bangladeshi citizen has to be registered. The father or mother or guardian of the prescribed persons shall be liable to provide information related to birth of a child to the Registrar (Bangladesh Missions abroad if born outside Bangladesh) within 45 (forty-five) days of the child’s birth.
The birth certificate issued under this Act is one of the primary evidences of age of a person to any office or court or school-college, government and non-government organisation in Bangladesh including the following:
a. Issuance of passport.
b. National Identity Card.
c. Registration of marriage.
d. Admission into educational institutions.
e. Appointment in government or non-government organisation.
f. Issuance of driving license.
g. Preparation of voter list.
h. Land registration and
i. Other cases as prescribed by rule.
How to Apply
- Apply online following this link.
- Or, Download and fill the application form from this link.
- Make the payment. See available payment methods here
- Send the following documents to the Embassy:
- Printed copy of the online application or filled application form.
- Documents certifying name, date of birth, parents’ name, permanent address (copy of parents’ birth certificate, Bangladeshi passport or NID).
- One copy passport size photograph.
- Proof of payment.
- In case of sending the documents by mail, please send a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring signature on delivery) or arrange prepaid return courier.