Q. Is personal presence is a must for submitting a visa application?
Ans. Personal presence is not a must. However, you have to appear if Embassy specifically ask for that.
Q. Can anybody else receive my passport from the Embassy?
Ans. Anybody can receive your passport from the Embassy provided that you issue an authorization letter mentioning that somebody else will collect the passport on your behalf. He or she should be able to produce his valid ID.
Q. Do I need a visa for tourism or business purpose with a dutch passport?
Ans. Yes, EU nationals need visa to enter Bangladesh.
Q. Am I eligible for visa on arrival for Bangladesh?
Ans. If you are an EU national, you are eligible for on arrival visa.
Q. Do I need to make an appointment for a Bangladeshi passport application?
Q. How can I apply for the Visa?
- At first login visa.gov.bd. Then fill up visa form and submit.
- print the completed form
- take the printed form enclosed with required documents
- pay the visa fees via bank transfer or by PIN (at the Embassy).
- Submit the printed copy of the visa application to the Embassy along with the required documents.
Q. Do I need a visa/permit for an Internship/Traineeship?
Q. What is the requirement for student visa?
– Invitation / offer letter form the concerned university/ college/ school (educational institutions in Bangladesh)
– Declaration / recommendation letter from university/ college/ school in the Netherlands
– Bank guarantee
Q. Do I need to submit my original passport when applying for my Bangladeshi Visa?
Q. What is the payment method to the Embassy?
- Consular fees are paid at the embassy by using the PIN automatic machine with Dutch bank card
- we do not accept any cash
- Consular fees can also be paid to the Embassy bank account
Account holder : Embassy of Bangladesh
Account no: 0467544921
Name of the Bank: Deutsche Bank Nederland N.V.
Bank Address: De Entree 99, 1101 HE Amsterdam
IBAN: NL50 DEUT 0467544921
BIC/SWIFT CODE: DEUT NL 2N
Q. Can I extend visa before it expires?
- yes, if you want to stay in Bangladesh more than the validity of your visa you can contract to the nearest office of Immigration and passport.
- visit dip.gov.bd for details
Q. What if there is an emergency and I need a visa urgently?
- if you apply for visa before 12.00 hrs with all the relevant documents, it is possible to get the visa by 4 p.m. [subject to the availability of consular officer]
Q. Can my visa be sent to my home address?
Ans. Yes, but the visa application should be accompanied by a return envelop and a request for sending the passport to the designated address.
[Embassy will not be liable for any damage/loss of passport in transit]
Q. How long will it take for my visa to be processed ?
- normal procedure 3 to 5 working days
- urgent procedure, same day [subject to availability of consular officer]